This position will support one of our global manufacturer and distributor in their efforts to establish a “first in class” organization. The HR Generalist will administer day-to-day human resource functions in the areas of recruitment and retention, benefits administration, leave management, employee relations, unemployment compensation, workers compensation, and HR technology/data maintenance for all warehouse and non-exempt employees and exempt staff as needed. As a member of the HR team, this position will support other functions of the organization on an as needed basis.
Talent Acquisition and Retention
- Leads all recruitment activities for all non-exempt (exempt positions as needed) positions and supports management in the hiring process by sourcing, screening, interviewing, selecting, and placing candidates.
- Posts job ads by selecting proper sources based on hiring needs and allocated budget.
- Leverages appropriate sourcing strategies to ensure a constant flow of qualified candidates. Uses unconventional recruitment methods to attract candidates and develops relationships with employment agencies when appropriate.
- Partners with hiring managers and advisors during recruitment process and ensures applicants are being processed through the recruitment cycle without undue delays.
- Maintains applicant tracking system updated to indicate recruitment status for each position.
- Extends verbal and written employment offers and provides appropriate supporting documentation.
- Conducts stay interviews and exit interviews and reports on these to affect changes.
- Explains benefits offering to employees and resolves issues of concern for all non-exempt employees. Conducts new hire benefits orientations and provides relevant information to employees.
- Processes benefits enrollment and terminations through insurance sites and processes payroll changes.
- Monitors mid year changes and provides updates to employees as needed.
- Assists with the annual open enrollment process for all benefits and ensures compliance.
- Provides support to management in the resolution of issues of concern for non-exempt employees. Supports the Director of HR with investigations of employee issues, gathers information, provides recommendations, and prepares correspondence/response on specific subjects as needed.
- Provides outstanding customer service to employees by responding to inquiries and addressing concerns in a timely manner.
- Participate in and support the performance management process for all non-exempt employees.Ensuring that the processes is fully executed per the annual review schedule.
- Assist with the Payroll processing function as needed. Reconcile hourly timecards. Approve pending flexible time off requests.
- Participates and facilitates employee on/offboarding. Circulates necessary checklists and processes to appropriate employees. Administers HR onboarding/offboarding duties.
- Supports employees with the injury reporting process and forms. Submits and manages status of claims. Acts as main contact person for workers’ compensation.
- Maintains OSHA 300 log
- Documents, researches, and follows up with issues of concern.
HR Technology and Personnel Data
- Audits data base integrity and serves as a primary contact to troubleshoot problems and resolve functional system questions. Sets up new users in electronic data files and maintains accordingly.
- Creates and maintains personnel files and files documents onto employee personnel records for all non-exempt employees.
- Prepares and distributes employee communications such as announcements and newsletters.
- Establishes priorities for managing own work while staying on a focused, efficient path for achieving results.
- Acts as business ambassador and presents a positive image of the company.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field with three (3) or more years of experience in a human resources role with progressing responsibilities is preferred. Associate’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field with four (4) or more years in a human resources generalist role performing similar functions; or High School Diploma/GED with seven (7) or more years in a human resources generalist role performing similar functions may be considered.
- Demonstrated understanding/knowledge of the fundamental aspects of human resources is required.
- Working knowledge of Federal and State employment laws is required.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a cover letter and resume in one PDF attachment to email@example.com.
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.